Featured Charity: Sacred Heart Community Service
The Silicon Valley Roller Girls have spent many volunteer hours with Sacred Heart since 2007, so it’s no surprise that Sacred Heart will be the recipient of a portion of our bout proceeds on Saturday, June 11th (tickets are available now - Click Here). SVRG has worked countless hours organizing clothing donations and bagging groceries to be given to needy area families, including during a volunteer event this past March. Our junior derby league, Derby 2.0, also joined in the fun and worked with us to give back!
The mission of Sacred Heart is to address the issues associated with poverty. Many different programs are designed to make the lives of local working poor families better. Three categories of assistance are available to the needy. One addresses housing and basic needs, such as food and clothing. The second addresses education and helps people become self-sufficient. The third teaches people to be self-advocates and to speak up for the needs of the working poor. Hopefully, if everyone works together we can bring Silicon Valley’s needy up to a decent standard of living.
If you would like to donate to Sacred Heart, please consider some of the following options:
1) Financial donations are always needed and welcome.
2) Volunteer your time! There are many different opportunities to work with Sacred Heart.
3) Donate clothing, food, personal hygiene items, baby diapers and formula, or office supplies.
4) If you have an un-used gift card lying around, someone else might really need it! Sacred Heart can get it to them. Bus passes are also in high demand.
5) Donate your recyclables, like clean egg cartons, rubber bands, and plastic bags.
For more info, check out Sacred Heart online.