July Jerby of the Month: G-Force
Posted on August 5th, by Phyllis Killer in Uncategorized. Comments Off
Congratulations to G-Force for being July's Junior Derby ("Jerby") Skater of the Month!!!
Here are some fun facts about G-Force!
- What is your derby name and number and how did you decide on it?My name is G-Force #322. This was my nickname when I was much younger and it stuck as I grew older.
- How long have you been with SVRG? How did you decide to play/find derby?I have been skating for about four and a half years. My mom's friend played at the time, and she signed my sister and me up.
- Any previous skating experience before joining Jr. Derby?I didn't know how to skate at all. The closest I came to skating was on roller blades.
- Favorite position to play?My favorite thing to do is blocking.
- What positive aspect has derby brought into your life?Derby has helped my come out of my shell more. Before I was painfully shy. Now I'm just awkward around people, which is an improvement.
- Goals for 2014?I hope to beat SCDG with our team.
- Worst Habit?My worst habit on the track is not following through on my hits.
- If you could bout against any team who would it be?I don't have any team in particular I want to bout against. As long as I get to play, I don't care.
- Favorite bout moments? Best moment so far?My best moment so far is the first bout we won. It was a long time ago but I remember how amazing it felt.
- Advice for people who want to join?For anyone who wants to join, it doesn't matter what you look like, how amazing or poorly you skate, or how old you are, you can skate and will be accepted as who you are.
- Best bruise/worst injury?My best bruise is usually on my right knee or shin. Usually I slam onto my knee so hard I bruise or someone's skate kicks my in the shin.