June Circuit Jerk of the Month: Mad Mess Momma
Congratulations to Mad Mess Momma for being CJ Skater of the Month!
Here are some fun facts about Mad Mess Momma:
- What is your derby name and number and how did you decide on it?
Mad Mess Momma 6N9. I looked at my crazy life and thought of it as a mad mess and a big part of that was because of being a mom with kids that drive me crazy. The 6N9 are 2006 and 2009 - the years my daughters were born.
- How long have you been with SVRG? How did you decide to play/find derby?
I've been with the CJ's for almost a year (I started in August 2013). Before that I was in Derby Lite (thanks Pia & Unleasha) for a session, but needed more derby than once a week.
- Any previous skating experience before joining derby?
For many years I was a street skater, traveling everywhere on my roller blades.
- Favorite position to play?
I really like being the Jammer.
- How do you spend your time when not on the track?
When I'm not on the track, I'm taking care of my family, being a substitute teacher, or working out for better strength and fitness.
- What positive aspect has derby brought into your life?
It's given me great women to have fun with who also kick my butt.
- Goals for 2014?
Keep getting better!
- Worst Habit?
Not skating low enough.
- If you could bout against any team who would it be?
Santa Cruz Bombshells because it would be fun to bout against my niece.
- Favorite bout moments? Best moment so far?
Any time I find a hole in a strong wall.
- Advice for people who want to join?
Don't get discouraged, we've all been there and there are no better people to help you through it.
- Best bruise/worst injury?
You'd have to ask my husband since he pats me down after each practice. Seriously, I hurt my ankle once and had to leave practice early for it. That would be the worst.