June Skater of the Month: Mad-Eye Molly
Posted on July 2nd, by Phyllis Killer in Uncategorized. Comments Off
Congratulations to Mad-Eye Molly for being SVRG's Skater of the Month!
- What is your derby name and number and how did you decide on it?Mad-Eye Molly #22. I'm a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE Harry Potter fan. It was one of the first names I wanted when I started derby but it was already on the twoevils name list. But, when I officially became an SVRG skater, the name was removed from the list and I snatched it up. It was meant to be!
- How long have you been with SVRG? How did you decide to play/find derby?I've been with SVRG since 2011 and have been skating with other leagues since 2010. A friend told me about derby and a week later I had found a local team, strapped on a pair skates, and...here I am!
- Favorite position to play?I jam AND block so I have a hard time choosing one. I love both positions equally and love being able to switch between roles.
- What positive aspect has derby brought into your life?Friendship! Also getting me off my butt and out of my house. If it wasn't for derby, I wouldn't leave my house except for work!
- Worst Habit?Burping. I'm terrible. Ask any of my teammates.
- Favorite bout moments? Best moment so far?That would have to be playing against the Richmond Wrecking Belles at this year's Battle for The Coast. We knew we had no chance of beating them so we played the game just for FUN. I also got to bout against Demanda Riot, which I never thought I'd get to do so I was giddy with excitement!
- Best bruise/worst injury?I count myself among the lucky ones: I haven't had anything serious enough to require surgery. The worst injury was my PCL tear a couple of years ago that required half a year of physical therapy.
- Do you have any jobs you do for SVRG?I'm the artwork person so...I design all of the bout posters!