May Jerby of the Month: Shock
Nominated for her hard work, Shock is the May Jerby of the Month! Still fairly new to derby, Shock has fallen in love with the sport and is always eager to learn more and improve her skills.
1. What is your derby name and number? How did you decide on them?
Derby number is 30 and name is Shock. My number was random and my name is from Nightmare before Xmas as I am the oldest of three kids so is Shock.
2. How long have you been playing roller derby? How did you even discover derby anyways?
This is my first session of derby. I found out because I have an awesome Mom who took me and my brothers to my cousins bout at san jose skate and she looked up the SVRG teams.
3. What is your favorite position to play?
Jammer is my favorite position ever.
4. What do you do when you aren't playing derby?
When I am not playing Derby I read a lot of books and play outside or swim.
5. What is your best moment so far?
My best moment so far is learning how to skate backwards.
6. What are your goals for this season?
My goals are to be able to advance to the higher level.
7. Anything else you would like us to know?
I like meeting new Derby girls and enjoy learning knew things. I love my coach and teammates. I love Derby.