Every year SVRG partners with local nonprofits to help make San Jose a better place. In 2013, we donated over $1800 of our bout proceeds back into our community, and our league members volunteered 380+ hours with our partners.
Our skaters aren’t afraid to put a little elbow grease into it. We pulled weeds at a VeggieLution community farm, served Thanksgiving dinners to homeless families and helped pack school supplies for needy children, just to name a few. We hope to do even more to help our community in 2014!
2013 Community Service Partners
- One Brick – volunteering for various nonprofits served by this umbrella organization
- Sacred Heart – packing groceries and school supplies
- Veggielution – gardening at this sustainable community farm
- West Valley Community Service – serving Thanksgiving dinners to homeless and low income families since 2010
- Red Cross – holding annual blood drives since 2010
- YWCA Silicon Valley – For over 100 years, the mission of the YWCA Silicon Valley has been to empower women, children, and families, and to eliminate racism, hatred and prejudice.
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes – directing and cheering on participants in this annual march to promote awareness of sexual violence
Want to join us in our volunteer efforts?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on upcoming events, or ask us at one of our bouts.